A modular wall unit of shelving and storage, with black lacquered steel uprights and brass details. Italy, mid-20th century.
A stylish and architectural design; the pieces are held in place with brass fittings; brass details also appear at the foot and top of each upright. Although it is floor-standing and supported by the ceiling caps it is designed to be used in front of a wall rather than as a room divider.
The system is in good overall condition, with normal signs of age and use throughout, including a few scratches and small dents to the wood and light scratches to the paint. All feet, end caps and original key are in place.
- Each component (cupboard or shelf) is 90cm wide;
- A single bay is approximately 96cm wide, including the uprights and feet;
- Depth of the largest two cabinets is 44cm.
Shortest height is approximately 285cm
- Brass feet and top caps can be micro-adjusted
- The upper parts of the uprights can be extended (see image 6)